Have you ever thought to forgive someone who has done you wrong?
If a person cannot forgive and therefore cannot 'let go' the negative experience, the law of cause and effect is maintained, action - reaction: you do something, I do something back, sometimes you're the victim, the other time the offender. Because that resentment is still there.
What do I got to do to make you want me
What do I do to make you want me
What do I do to make you love me
When sorry seems to be the hardest word...
- Forgiveness is not about the other person, but about you: releasing the load that you carry with you.
- To blame someone else, is one of the best ways to stick to a problem.
- Weak people can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. (Mahatma Gandhi)
- Forgiveness is accepting the fact that the past cannot be changed.
- In forgiving, the understanding changes. In forgetting you lose the lesson.
- Anyone can hold a grudge, but it takes a person with character to forgive. When you forgive, you release yourself from a painful burden. Forgiveness doesn’t mean what happened was OK, and it doesn’t mean that person should still be welcome in your life. It just means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go.